This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #40DiasMorningStar #CollectiveBias
Whenever I think about Lent, I remember my abuela and her observance of this holiday. During this time of the year, she would make delicious recipes using only ingredients for vegetarian dishes.
Quinoa, cassava, and avocados were often the ingredients of my grandma’s tasty dishes. They are known as superfoods for containing large doses of antioxidants, fiber, or fatty acids and are natives of Latin America. No wonder they grow at an incredibly quick rate in the fields!
I love trying to re-create my grandma’s vegetarian dishes with those superfoods. However, I often struggle to spend so much time in the kitchen. Although I am super busy with three kids and jobs, I still want to make sure my family has access to delicious meals.
This is why having MorningStar Farms® products in my kitchen are live savers. They offer solutions to my busy lifestyle while staying at a low cost. Plus, they are delicious and so easy to prepare!
Quinoa Veggie Burger with Black Bean Cassava Avocado Salad
If you also have days when you can’t spend too much time in the kitchen, but still want to keep a healthy lifestyle, this mouthwatering recipe is for you! It’s also the perfect dish for Lent!
This is what you need:
- MorningStar Farms® Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers
- MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™, 16.2 oz
- 2 avocados
- 1 lb of cassava
- Place the cassava pieces in a large pot and cover completely with water.
- Boil over medium heat till they are soft enough.
- While the cassava is boiling, fried the Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burgers patties from MorningStar Farms®
- When the cassava is ready, add avocado and mix it to the delicious chipotle black bean crumbles.
Ta-da! You have a great meal with three Latin American superfoods to enjoy during this Lent season!
Don’t forget that all the ingredients are offered in your closest Walmart at great prices.
What Is Your Favorite Lent Recipe?