This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
Are your kids ready to be back to school?
Here in my neck of the woods, we started school two weeks ago. The first morning of school was magical. My girls were awake before the clock went off and I didn’t hear a single complaint about “the sun being too bright.” After spending a carefree summer with abuela, this was not the same scenario on the third day of school!
It takes a few days to be back to routine, but setting a time to bond with your children where they can relax helps a lot with the back-to-school transition. I have noticed that sharing together an after-school treat is something that my children look forward to and serves as an opportunity for us to talk about their day.
Since I work while my kids are in school, my only rule for after-school treats is that it has to be something easy and fast to prepare. I know the cake mixes section at Kroger offers great ideas so that is where I head for inspiration.
Over 75 years of baking experience, Nestle Toll House Baking Mixes offers delicious options to choose from. Brownies & More with Butterfingers, Brownies & More with chocolate morsels, Cookies & More with Butterfingers and Cookies & More with chocolate morsels are part of the new product lines that don not contain artificial flavors or colors.
I like that these mixes are highly versatile and offer the possibility to customize it as your heart wishes. For example, we love bananas in our home, so this is my personal twist for a brownie recipe.
Here is the recipe of an easy after-school banana brownies treat.
You will need:
- 1 egg
- Vegetable Oil
- One sliced banana
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, oil, water and NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Blend in with a sliced banana.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until brownies test done.
If you are interested for more ideas, visit here and see some of the many possibilities that one mix can gives you. Follow them on Youtube for step-by-step yummy recipes. Don’t forget to take advantage of this rebate valid on NEW NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Mixes for any variety and any size.
Do you have a favorite easy after-school treat?
- How To Make Sugar Skull Cookies
- 6 Latin-Style Soups to Keep You Warm
- Don’t Sweat the Holidays: 2 Easy Semi-Homemade Recipes for The Busy Days
- The Flavors and Traditions of the Day of the Dead in Ecuador
- Creamy Veggie Enchiladas
- Arroz con Leche and Helping Kids Stay Connected With Culture
- Super Easy Hawaiian Haystack
- Peruvian Fish Ceviche With Avocado Salsa
- Enjoy 3 Latin American Superfoods With This Vegetarian Recipe
- 5 Latino Dishes That Feature Our African Heritage
- Pumpkin Spice Churros for the Holidays
- Passing On Hispanic Heritage Through Food