This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeHolidayGoodness #CollectiveBias
Are you traveling during the holidays? It has been five years since the last time we spent the holidays with our immediate family. But this year we will visit them in Utah. We are so excited and can’t hardly wait!
As I started packing and thinking about the fun places that I would like to take my kids during our stay in Utah, I am also planning the desserts that I want to bring to the family gatherings. I know my in-laws are secretly hoping for Latino postres from their only Latina daughter-in law so of course, I am looking forward to share with them a traditional holiday dessert that I grew up with.
Pumpkin Spice Churros
I love making pumpkin spice churros not only because it is so delicious, but it is easy and simple to prepare. The delicious smell of the churros bring memories of Navidad and familia that warm my heart. Plus, the pumpkin spice flavor makes it the perfect treat for the holiday season.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- vegetable oil
- Mix together the water, 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and bring it to boil.
- Stir in all-purpose flour until mixture comes together.
- Cut your dough into strips and deep-fryer until golden.
- Pull them put and let them cool.
- Roll churros in 1/2 cup sugar and pumpkin spice.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Morsels Red and Green
- Heat evaporated milk and softened gelatin.
- Stir often until mixture is dissolved.
- Let it cool. Stir in morsels until smooth. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Pour filling over churros
If you are not a fan of pumpkin, no worries, this recipe is super versatile and can be customized to your own flavor preferences. For example, you could add cinnamon powder or nutmeg powder instead of pumpkin spice!
Don’t forget to visit your closest Walmart (don’t miss out the $10 refer-a-friend promotion!) where you will find other great options of Nestle products that can give you the inspiration. For example, if you want to customize your own dessert, try NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Butterfingers Morsels. So yummy!
Also, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough allows you to experiment with new recipes. And, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels are a delicious addition to any dessert and will definitely elevate your holiday baking!
It is amazing how Nestle products allow us to be so versatile and have us covered for this holiday! For more ideas of holiday treats, visit Nestlé Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board.
What’s your favorite holiday recipe?